In April 2013 we went to Sydney for 2,5 days. Initially we planned to be there 3 days, but the air-company made some changes into itinerary, so we had less time than expected. Anyway, we had a great time catching up with friends, walking and relaxing.
We walked a lot:
- went for a short walk from North Head to Shelly Beach, then to Manly
- spent a lot of time at Darling Harbour and playground near IMAX
- went to Australian National Maritime Museum, Sydney Sea Life Aquarium and Powerhouse Museum
- took a monorail (before it was decommissioned in August 2013), watched Saturday's fireworks at Darling Harbour
- walked at Watson Bay, The Gap, to the lighthouse and back
- took some standard photos near Opera House and near Sydney Botanical Gardens,
The weather was perfect - nice clouds, no rain. And it was not so hot, as it was during our last visit, so we could imagine ourselves real 'tourists' in the city. We loved to be at Darling Harbour and its playground near IMAX. We spent almost a day exploring Powerhouse Museum, especially its space part. We felt in love with sea cow in Sydney Sea Live Aquarium - such a big (and cute!) animal.
Please see some photos below. I added some comments to some of them.
City skyline from the North Head park's lookout:
This geckos (?) was sitting on the rock near Manly beach:
Ships near Australian National Maritime Museum:
Watson's Bay apartments (wish I could live there!):
Opera House's roof:
Near The Gap:
1:1 model of Lunohod-2 in Pоwerhouse Museum. There was Sputnik as well! This museum is a must see place for those who dream about space.
At playground near Darling Harbour. This is the best playground in Australia I've ever seen:
That's all for 2,5 days. I hope we will visit Taronga Zoo, Healsville Aquarium, Observatory, The Rocks, Chinese Garden and ships in Darling Harbour next time.
Thanks for reading this!